Wednesday 15 September 2010

O.P.I. Summer Flutter Minis Review

Okay so I know summer is nearly over but I just bought this cute little O.P.I. set last week and wanted to do a review on it since it is my first O.PI. product.
I found this set whilst browsing the O.P.I. section in my local Sally's trying to decide which shade I wanted (there are sooo many!) when I spotted it. The colours were so bright and the packaging so cute that I took it to the counter right away. Not only that but I thought it was a bargain because although they are mini sizes, you're getting 4 shades for £12 when a single large bottle costs around £10.

The first on the left is a shimmery pink colour called Flower-to-Flower, the second is an extremely bright matte orange going by the name of Flit A Bit, third is a cerise pink with lots of glitter through it called Wing It! and last but certainly not least is my favourite, a deep turquoisey blue with swirls of glitter called Catch Me In Your Net.



I've only tried Flit A Bit so far which is just as bright in person as in the photos. Although the brushes are mini sized, I found the application easy as I have quite slim fingers and nails. The colour did not disappoint which is sometimes the case with some nail polishes, that they end up being more sheer on the nails than the bright colour they are in the bottle. It lasted quite well because after 2 days without a top coat it had not chipped. This venture has not converted me to solely buying high end brand nail polishes because although the quality is sometimes better, I find that you can usually get the same results using cheaper nail polishes. This was a lovely treat though!




What are your favourite nail polishes? What brands do you think work best?



4 comments:

Sara Luxe said...

ive herd so much about OPi i need to try them !

pearlslaceandruffles said...

I love OPI! They have some really pretty pastel colors :)

http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

Unknown said...

@ Sara Louise - treat yourself! The only problem is that there are so many its hard to choose just one :)

Unknown said...

@ pearlslaceandruffles - yay! for sharing the love for OPI and I must look into some of those pastel shades :)