Sunday 11 March 2012

Weekly Round-Up # 6

1. So, first of all I got my hair cut! It was just too long, my spilt ends kept making massive tangles in my hair and my hair was so heavy that if I had my hair in a bun or a high ponytail, my scalp would hurt from the weight of it! I used this photo of Zooey Deschanel to let the hairdresser know how I wanted my fringe because her hair is beautiful. I'm really happy that I cut a good chunk off my hair because now my hair feels healthy and in good condition and I can run my fingers through it without getting in a huge mess of hair!
2. This week I have started to run out of patience with some of my group project work for uni. Do you ever get told to work with some people and you realise that there's just no common ground between the both of you? Seriously frustrating when you're trying to work with someone who is totally not on your wavelength.
3. The upstairs of my house has just been recarpeted so on Wednesday and Thursday the place looked like an utter bombsite, we had to condensce 4 rooms into 2. At one point I had 3 beds in my room! As we were moving the furniture I had a big clearout, I got rid of tons of clothes (my wardrobe looks so neat now!) and books that I had read and had no reason to keep them and just general clutter. Can't wait to go for a browse round Primark when I get paid next week! Although I have been well warned that I better not just replace the stuff that I threw out!
4. My finished product of the week this time round is Miss Sixty Elixir perfume. I've had this for ages and I really like the Miss Sixty perfumes even though they are aimed at teens but the price is very reasonable and they smell good so what's not to like? Elixir is a sultry but sweet scent with an oriental unertone which lasts quite a long time on the skin. I loved this perfume and I'm so sad that it seems to have been discontinued in Boots and other major perfume stores (why does this always happen to me?!). I have Miss Sixty Summer (which I cannot find online at all!) which is a lovely sweet and fresh scent and I wear it at least once a week. Finally I have Miss Sixty Rock Muse which I didn't really like at first, I thought it smelled a bit heavy and powdery like an "old lady" perfume but that dies away after a minute or two and it's just a really nice sultry frangrance.
I'll probably do a Perfume Collection post this week because I'm really into my perfume at the moment, for a while I actually used to forget about perfume in the whole getting ready process but now I like to match it to my mood or who I'm going to be meeting that day etc.
See you soon folks!

No comments: