Tuesday 6 September 2011

New Skincare: Boots Tea Tree + Witch Hazel Review







I have been using the same skincare for about a year until recently when my day moisturiser was making my skin really greasy and shiney, not cute. So I decided that it was time for a change.


I went into Boots not really knowing what I was looking for (have you noticed that unless you are prone to spots/acne or you are trying to reduce the signs of ageing, there isn't really that much for us folk in their early 20s) but I seen that there was a 3 for 2 offer on Boots' own Tea Tree + Witch Hazel range. The first product I chose was the Exfoliating Face Scrub which I use twice a week (I stopped using a daily facial wash/scrub round about my exams because they were only making my skin worse by taking away any oils on my skin, not just the bad ones!). This is quite an abrasive scrub so it's good for making your skin feel smooth and squeaky clean! The next product I chose was the cleansing and toning lotion which I use to take off my face make up. This feels really refreshing and light on the skin and after a few swipes all traces of make up are gone! But because it contains tea tree and witch hazel it closes the pores and helps to prevent any other blemishes. The last product I chose was the Shine Control Day Moisturiser. This really works well because it's not heavy and just sinks into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. I can put this on in the morning and by lunch time my skin still isn't that horrible shiney way. The last product featured in this post is Boots' Cucumber Eye Gel. I've had this for a while but didn't really think I needed it and just slapped on extra concealer! But in the last week I have been using this after my day/night moisturiser and it really is a treat for the eyes! The gel is light and coolly refreshes the eye area so that puffiness and dark circles are reduced. And it also feels really nice and relaxing to put on before bed!


That's all for now folks! See you soon x x x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this product , I went into boots one-day like you and saw the offer so I went for it, I bought a moisturizer face wash and the exfoliating scrub you got, out of the two I really preferred the face scrub, it makes your face feel so refreshes afterwards and also very soft, I use it about once or twice a week and like your self I know that using face scrubs everyday are bot good for your skin. I have not tried the other products but I will have to try them out. I just love the face scrub it was better and cheaper than the moisturizer face wash I.had bought as well.

The only down fall is it dosnt past that long, I like to use things unroll they are completely gone but with this face scrub I have had it for q very long time and it is starting to loose its touch so the only problem I have is you have to buy a new one every few months or it will start to loose its.touch. Still works great though .

I love it!!

Ps. It's more natural and less harsh chemicals