Thursday 21 October 2010

Chanel Chanel Chanel!

Ok, so I know I got my make up done at the Chanel counter like ages ago but I still have the make up and I never got round to doing the review. So now I've used it for a good long time I can write a pretty thorough review on it.
Love the bags!

This is the box that my eyeshadow palette came in.



How cute is this packaging?! My little palette even came with a little velvet pouch for keeping it nice.



This eyeshadow quartette is my most expensive make up purchase to date. I know it was a lot to splurge on eyeshadows but I just fell in love with the colours. The colours don't have individual names but the whole palette is called "Spices". The colours are designed for a very natural look which can be built up into a lovely smokey eye for night time. The lightest shade is an almost pearly white and is good for highlighting your brow bone or in the corner of your eye, the one underneath that is a lovely burnished gold which is gorgeous on its own but can be blended with the darker burnt umber shade next to it. My favourite is goldy, pearly pink in the top right corner. Its such a soft colour but looks good with dewy skin and a light pink flush on your cheeks. I see this as an investment piece because as a strawberry blonde with blue eyes and a light complexion I think golds and browns work much better with my colouring than black as black just looks too harsh on me. I recommend this for anyone with fair skin as the colours just give you a gorgeous glow.


This was my first ever Chanel product and I was soooo excited when I bought this, I felt so chic walking down the street with my little Chanel bag on my arm. So simple but just ooses luxury. Anyway, this lipgloss is from the limited edition Levres Scintillantes Range and is in no. 144. This was my favourite because it just looks like such a girly, fresh colour. It is a very light pink on the lips with irridescent sparkles through it which make your lips look fuller and glossy. This is good for an everyday look as its not too bright.




This is the lipgloss that was used on me when I got my make up done at the Chanel counter. Its also from the Levres Scintillantes Range and is in no.126. This shade is a sort of coral-pink with lots of irridescent sparkles in it. I originally had it over a deep pink lipstick but it looks just as good on its own. Its not a sticky formula and lasts for ages. This is a good one for those of you who don't like bright lips but want a little bit of colour.












This is an example of what Chanel's Inimitable Mascara can do to your lashes. Impressive, no?























When I was getting my make up done there weren't any tester mascaras available to use so the assistant opened up a sample of their new Inimitable Mascara to use on my lashes. This was good because I got to keep it! This is a brilliant mascara in so many ways. Firstly the colour is very black, you know how some mascaras can be a little greyish instead of full on black, well this nice and dark so that your lashes look extra dramatic. The brush is of the rubbery variety which I prefer to brush wands as I think they help reach every lash. The brush volumises as well as separating each lash so that there is no clumping and extreme volume. The only bad thing is that I've used my sample up and I want more!
















This was a little extra that the assistant put in my bag (I love counters that give out samples!) and inside the little envelope is a tiny bottle of Coco Mademoiselle. I think its quite heavy but I'm used to using fruity and sweet perfumes so maybe this is just what you would call an evening perfume. It is definately too much for day time but a little spritz of this at night would add some drama and glamour to your look. When it's first sprayed on its quite strong but when its settled on your skin it smells lovely! The scent is quite sexy and glamourous when you first smell it and then you notice some soft, powdery undertones. This is all from my point of view or should I say my sense of smell so everybody probably has a different idea of what they can smell in a perfume.




Had a little spurge recently? What do buy for yourself as a treat?










2 comments:

Rach said...

hi! just saw your comment on sofiasjournal's blogging tips post and thought id check out your blog :) love the chanel make up review, your lashes are amazingly long anyway you lucky girl!:)xx

http://www.beforetwenty.tumblr.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I like your tumblr, you have awesome style. And I've been eyeing up the same Motel dress! Still deciding whether or not to go for it though :) x x