Friday 15 October 2010

Hotties At Hollister!

Me with the 2 lifeguards (models) who greeted everyone going in the store. Cool pic, no? :p
WOW! Glasgow just opened its first Hollister store on Tuesday and it has taken the city by storm. I know that there are other Hollister stores in the UK but this is the first one that is anywhere near where I live so I'm pretty excited. The only other one in Scotland is in Aberdeen which is like 3 hours away by car. The store has opened in Glasgow's central shopping centre, Buchannan Galleries which is host to loads of my favourite shops: H+M, Miss Selfridge and River Island. But these stores look sort of boring compared to Hollister. Even the store front is exciting, designed to look like a sort of beach front property, the store has a tiled roof and where windows should be, shutters that are open just a little to give you a sneaky peek inside.
I've heard loads of people saying that its hard to navigate the store because of its dark interior and loud music but I think it actually added to the experience. I think it was a welcome change from being under the unflattering glare of overhead beam lights in most of the other shops on the high street and the music while it was loud I liked the music because it was fun and made me reflect on the fact that Primark doesn't really play music, but maybe that would add to the chaos lol.
Since it was so busy (like nearly couldn't move for the amount of people!) I didn't get a good chance to really look at any of the clothes, hopefully the hype will die down in the next few weeks and I'll get a good long look. Also I'm trying to save for Christmas shopping so I bought these body lotions which are £8 each but they are currently doing a deal, 2 hand creams, body lotions or body spritzes for £12. So me and my mum got 2 of the body lotions.


I opted for the Solana Beach scented one which is quite fruity and sweet. I tried it out yesterday after a shower and it sinks into the skin beautifully. Also unlike other body lotions the scent stays for quite a while. All last night I kept smelling the back of my hand and I would get this lovely burst of citrusy fragrance, lovely!


My mum chose the Laguna Beach scented lotion which smells more citrusy than mine but not as sweet. Still smells lovely and by the look of the bottle (there's quite a gap at the top) my mum quite likes it!

Haha, just thought I'd give you a look at what their carrier bags look like. What girl won't want to shop there if thats what their bags look like?!
So, what do you think? Should we have more "themed" stores? Do think it adds to the experience or does it annoy you?



2 comments:

Sara Luxe said...

i do like hollister and the smell in the stores is always amazing

Unknown said...

Yeah I noticed that! It's like a kind of light aftershave smell. Well that's what I thought anyway lol x x