Friday 4 May 2012

My Special Occasion Scents

 From left to right: Christian Lacroix for Avon Nuit, Miss Sixty Rock Muse & Cynthia Rowley for Avon Petal
Ok, so today I'm continuing with my perfume collection. These ones are perfumes that are either really expensive so I don't want to use them up too quickly, are night perfumes that are too heavy for daytime or are relatively new and I'm waiting till I've finished another before I start using it.

Christian Lacroix for Avon Nuit: I got this as a gift at Christmas and I really like this. Incase you can't tell by the name this is one of my nighttime perfumes because it is slightly too heavy for everyday use. This is quite floraly but has a lot of musk in it which makes it smell quite sweet but luxurious.

Miss Sixty Rock Muse: I've had this perfume for quite a long time now and I always seem to forget that I have it. This might be because at first I didn't really like it, I thought it smelled a bit powdery and old fashioned. However once the initial scent dies down a bit you're left with a nice warm spicy scent, perfect for the winter months.

Cynthia Rowley for Avon Petal: This I'm ashamed to say is another forgotten fragrance :( Once I have finished one of my other everyday scents, I'll be using this because it is perfect for spring/summer. It is a very floraly scent and by this I mean it quite literally smells like flowers, think rose with a hint of baby powder.
From left to right: Jennifer Aniston, Vera Wang Princess, Yves San Laurent Parisian, DKNY Be Delicious Pink Blossom

Jennifer Aniston: I asked for this perfume for my Christmas. I remember standing in Boots testing out all the celebrity perfumes and they all kind of smelled similar until I tried Jennifer Aniston. This is a soft, floral, sophisticated perfume which captures the laid back yet grown up California girl that Jennifer Aniston embodies.

Vera Wang Princess: I don't think any girl could ever pass up Vera Wang Princess just based on the bottle alone. This scent is quite sweet but has a heavier undertone. I think this is quite a grown up fragrance and is the perfect transition from those sugary sweet teen fragrances to a more sophisticated scent.

YSL Parisian:I love this perfume. It's sweet and floraly with a citrus vibe too. This is one of those perfumes that lasts all day and I can even smell it on my scarf months after I've worn it. My little sister says that it reminds her of my scarves :).

DKNY Be Delicious Pink Blossom: I picked this up in duty free last year and I decided to try it out because my mum has tried them all and she especially likes the original Be Delicious. This one isn't as citrusy as the original but is still very fresh with a slight floral hint. This is a perfect everyday fragrance.

From left to right: Boss Orange, Ghost Cherish, Santuary Spa Classic

Boss Orange: I absolutely adore this perfume! I even had to stop myself from using it so much so I didn't run out of it! This has a fruity, scent with a whole lot of musk or amber thrown in which gives it a warm, sultry edge. Thinking of taking this on holiday with me.

Ghost Cherish: This perfume is another one of those that lasts for ages. This is really fruity and citrusy but has a floral and musk undertone. My little sister says that this is the perfume that reminds her most of me :)

Sanctuary Spa Classic: I got this in one of the Christmas gift sets and haven't really used it much because it's still growing on me. This is very spicy and warm, almost theraputic probably because its from Sanctuary Spa. I do like this fragrance I'm just not too sure when to wear it. Maybe a nighttime perfume for summer.

Sorry, this post was incredibly long but I do have a lot of perfume and I don't really finish perfumes all that much so they tend to stack up. Hope this has given you some ideas for a new perfume. Adios!

No comments: