Sunday 13 May 2012

Quick Everyday Make Up

Hey guys, I thought I would do a video on my everyday quick make up routine. This is a really simple routine that I do when I'm not really going out anywhere or I just have to pop to the shops etc. In other words, this could be my "Study leave make up routine" haha.

 After I moisturise my face I work a pea-sized amount of 17's BB Cream (in Light) evenly into my skin, making sure to blend it out around the neck and hairline. I've had this since Christmas and I've been using it a lot recently. At first I used it as a primer under foundation but that made my face feel quite cakey so I just used my foundation. I hardly wear foundation now because I don't think it really improves the appearance of my skin but this BB cream definately does. It brightens up my face and tones down the redness of any blemishes and gives me that nice, dewy finish without making me look shiny. I think this product is really good quality for the price considering there are loads of high end BB creams double the price. Even my dad commented that I looked pretty this morning after I had done this routine but I guess since he's my dad he's always supposed to think I look pretty ;p
 This must be my 6th or 7th of this Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer in Ivory. I have been using this since I began to get spots, my mum told me to put it on after I had washed my face because it helps to dry out the spots whilst covering them up and she was right! This is definately one of my "wonder products" I have never used anything else and I doubt I ever will because this does such a good job! There's a reason why it's one of Rimmel's most popular products.
 I'm sorry for the state of the packaging on this but if any of you use it you'll know that it rubs off within a week of purchase! Other than that it works really well. This is the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. This is a cult product amongst bloggers and beauty youtubers alike and for the price it really is amazing. I use this under my eyes to conceal any dark circles or puffiness and the coverage is brilliant. I've used other concealers which are a bit watery compared to this but I think it's the thickness that makes it work so well.
 Sometimes if I feel my make up has gone on a bit flat, I use Benefit's High Beam on my cheekbones and brow bones to give my face some dimension and a nice glow. I'm currently using a sample size that I got about a year ago and it really does last ages. Once I'm finished I'm not sure if I would buy another one or look for a cheaper alternative because it is quite pricey for a highlighter.
 This is another product that I repurchase over and over again because the quality is just so good especially when it's so cheap! I use Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Pink Blossom on my t-zone after I've used concealer to set my make up and also because my nose and chin area tend to get quite shiny during the day.
Finally, I use a blusher to perk up my complexion and I find that this is what really makes me look fresh and glowy. At the moment I'm using Cynthia Rowley for Avon Blush in Peony Pink. I got this a while ago and I think it might have been limited edition because I can't find it anywhere. I love this blush because it's a really nice girly pink and has some irridescent particles in it which gives my cheeks a lovely rosy glow.

So, that's it for my quick and simple make up routine! I think this look would be perfect for school if you're not allowed to wear too much make up but you just want to look fresh or for a relaxing weekend when you don't want to have to fuss with tons of make up. I hope you liked this and I'll be doing more make up routines soon! Adios!

No comments: